Thursday, September 6, 2012

Buying 1/2 points

Guys I want to clarify something on the 1/2 point buys.

If you can not move off or to a 3, 7 or 10 at 10% juice then do not make the play to buy.  Only do this if you can get 10% juice.  Most of you probably can not get that.  What I am going to do in the future is just put the games with the line most can get.  If you have the ability to buy a 1/2 point around those numbers then do so otherwise play them straight up.

Also I do all my back testing based on the closing line.  So in theory the games should be played using the closing lines.  I send the games out early because those of you adept at reading line moves, or have the ability to shop around, can gain an edge.  If you are not confident in your abilities put the games in near game time.  Some will go against you and others will move in your favor.  It will probably balance out over time.

I hope that helps clarify things.  Feel free to email me with any questions.



--
-Stats

Twitter:@statsational

No comments:

Post a Comment